Tuesday 12 June 2012

Rapture - Lauren Kate

Heya!

As I wrote on Tumblr, I finished Rapture written by Lauren Kate a few minutes ago.


I confess unashamed that I cried.
I think it happened because while I was waiting for the book, I created many stories in my head for what might happen and none of them actually was close to the real one, therefore I was surprised, and when towards the end you start to put the pieces together and realize how obvious and unbelievable it all is you're stunned.

I won't say much in this post. Because as little as I could say it will bring the whole storyline down, and I don't want that, as usual.

When I read the truth about Lucinda I was instantly disillusioned. I didn't agree with what this news would take the story to. I thought the storyline would lose all its purpose and for sometime I lost my excitement in reading the book.
But I forced myself and when I arrived at the properly end and read what was going to happen to Daniel and Luce my tears started to fall. Hard. Because as I see it, Daniel didn't deserve it after all he had been through. After tempting suicide and all the years he suffered waiting... I can bare to think deeply about this little event in the book because I'm sure I'll start crying again.

Cam. I was expecting more Cam. Because he barely enters in Fallen In Love, thus I thought he would have a heavy participation here. But it was light, actually, which made me think he wasn't that important, after all.

I know I've already posted this but here it is once more:

I read once that you know you read a good book if at the end you feel like "what do I do now?".
Well, I feel like that. I feel like I can't sleep, despite the fact my eyelids are closing while I write this.
I can't believe this was the last book. The real end.
I feel old. Like I closed a big door in my life that has been a "burden" for years now. I've grown these last years with all those characters and now it seems like they left me here alone to fight against the world all by myself.
Not cool, guys. Not cool.

The conclusion I can take from these 5 books is: Love Never Dies.
Yes. True.
If it's true and real and honest and sincere. It won't die. Ever.

Lauren Kate has said she's working on another series. I just hope it'll be as good as this one was. It was a pleasure to read an amazing love story as Luce and Daniel's.

xx

2 comments:

  1. I fell in love with Luce, Daniel, Cam, and the gang in Fallen. I love how each of them grew and changed in their own ways throughout the series. Torment was frustrating at times, and hard to get through since Daniel was absent for much of the book. Passion was my favorite up until Rapture, because I felt like I was accompanying Luce on her journey of discovery and finding herself and learning about her love for and with Daniel. In Rapture, Lauren takes it to a whole new level, though. I do strongly recommend you read the other books before this one, including Fallen in Love, or you will be completely lost and totally missing out on some awesome stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Torment was a little frustrating. My favourite of all, though, is Fallen In Love or Passion. But the end was so sad...

      Delete