Thursday 14 June 2012

The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern

Hi!

I started reading The Night Circus written by Erin Morgenstern a few days ago, but then Rapture was released and it stayed on hold.

"The circus arrives without warning.
No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not...

In 1886 a mysterious travelling circus becomes an international sensation. Open only at night, constructed entirely in black and white, the Circe des Rêves delights all who wander its circular paths and warm themselves at its bonfire. The circus seems to cast a spell over its aficionados, who call themselves the rêveurs - the dreamers. But who is the sinister man in the grey suit who watches over it all? Behind the scenes a dangerous game is being played out by two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who, at the behest of their masters are forces to test the limits of the imaginations - and of love."

The cover is beautiful. Simple and delicate.

When I read the summary I was so intrigued by the the circus theme that I had to put my hands on it as soon as I could and as it was released last year I thought it wouldn't be difficult to accomplished my wish. And it wasn't.

I like circus. But all the ones I have been to all my life are so... I don't know how to explain, but they are poor on its contentment. I know that a circus like the one talked on this book doesn't exist, but I think they could try to transfer to real-life-circus the feeling described by the characters. That feeling you have when you can't decide if you want to stay or go home because you don't know which one is is better.

Either way, I enjoy reading The Night Circus. It's nice to read something that does not involve constantly killing enemies or a forbidden love because one can't change who he is in order to be with the other. At second thought, maybe the latter happens on this book but not in some Twilight-way. It's different, therefore refreshing.

I liked the idea of being able to control a whole circus and protect all its workers with one's energy and show that energy by fire or by building new tents. So Clever.

Every time I write about a book and there's its trailer I always add it to the text. Because I think it's important to have so visual connection to the story. Sometimes it's the music used on the video that captivates the reader, as someone once said to me. But I have to be honest, I never want to see a book trailer before reading the book. It has happened to be an accident or am so anxious that I had watched it but if I can control it I don't see it. But right after finishing the book I go right searching for the trailer.
I know, I'm weird like that.
So without exception, here it is.



If you go to Erin's official website you'll find a link to the Night Circus game. I already logged in as you might have notice by the big black square on the right.
I'm still learning how to play but it's fun! I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be obsessed with another book and the black square will be deleted but for now I think it's fun.
If you want to join, just click on the red button underneath by score or by clicking here.

The author has said she has no plans for a sequel. I understood that just by reading the final chapter but I'd love to read more about the Circe des Rêves once again. It was a lovely surprise to enjoy this book so much.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment