Wednesday 6 June 2012

Amy Plum - Until I Die

Heya!

As promised, here I am. Talking about the sequel to Die For Me - Until I die - both written by Amy Plum.

"I wish there was only today, just right now, and no forever. It seems fitting that I fell in love in Paris, the most beautiful city in the world. And if I pretend, I can almost believe that my life is normal and everyone I care about is safe. But as I'm with Vincent, normal doesn't exist. Gorgeous, charming, and witty, he's everything you could ask for in a boyfriend but his destiny is so much more. Even more terrifying than his destiny are his dangerous enemies, enemies who will kill for immortality. How are Vincent and I supposed to be together forever if we're always danger? I know I'll do whatever it takes even if it means lying to the people I love to fight against a fate that is trying to tear us apart."


This time I decided to write iBooks' summary just because is more direct. Straight to it.

I forgot to write something on the previous book about Kate's character. In Die For Me she's so dumb. And I know I should be used to it because authors make always the main female character frequently acting in an stupid way. They are always too scared or too stunned to think straight and act naturally.
I understand why authors do that but sometimes it gets a little frustrating.
In this second book, Kate doesn't act like that which is great.

I like this book better than the previous one. I have to be honest.
This one has a few more action scenes, I think. Or maybe is that the boring ones don't happen often.

For me both books were totally captivating. That was strange for me, because all scenes are in Paris and I've been there, yes, but I wasn't much enthralled for as incredible as it sounds it's true. It's a beautiful city but I wasn't spellbound by it.
Now that I've read this two books, forget all about that. I want to go there again. As soon as possible like tomorrow. And despite the fact that I had visited some of the sites talked on the books I want to go there once again. I'm sure I'll see everything differently and enjoy what the city has to offer with much more interest.

Here's the book trailer.


If you have read this book already you know that the end is so bad, because what  happen in that last page changes the things at least a little. Therefore for you the third book - If I Should Die - should be out in the next 4 months and not in May 2013...
The wait is going to be though.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment