Sunday 3 June 2012

Alisa Valdes - The Temptation

Hello!

I read The Temptation written by Alisa Valdes in about 6 hours.

"His touch was electric.
His eyes were magnetic.
His lips were a temptation...
But was he real?

Shane is near death after crashing her car on a long stretch of empty highway in rural New Mexico when she is miraculously saved by a mysterious young man who walks out of nowhere. She feels an instant energy between them, both a warmth that fills her soul and tingle that makes her shiver. But who, or what, is he? For the first time in her life, she believes in the term "soul mates" - Travis is her destiny, and she is his. But she soon discovers that Travis is dead and strict rules govern kindred spirits of different dimensions. Even a kiss could destroy their souls.
And while Travis is almost impossible to resist, temptation proves to be the kindest enemy they encounter.

In this part romance, part supernatural thriller, true love discovers it may not be able to surpass all - especially the power of pure evil."


When I read this I automatically remembered The Hollow series by Jessica Verday and that was what made me read this book.
Well, now that I read it completely, I say it's similar but totally different.

When on the Hollow we, readers, see the story by the Shades, here we see it by a Revenant. And if I read it well, Revenants are not the same thing on both books. Which I guess is fine.

This book was captivating until the end and surprising because when I read the summary I though it was going to be sad and I was going to cry at he end, but nothing compares. It's a little unhappy towards the end, but this is the first book in a trilogy and that puts all the unhappiness at ease. But at the same time, until the second book is released it's a little tortuous. I confess.

As bad as this is going to sound, is true. If I ever have a car accident in the middle of the desert I want a "Travis" to save me from my early death.
There. I said it.
What's there not to like about the boy?

If I'm still comparing this to Jessica Verday's book, sorry, but I prefer a Revenant to a Shade, because at least I can touch a Revenant.
Not kiss, but... I can hug him... Ok, it's still bad but not so terrible.

Okay, I'm sounding like a crazy person. It's enough of this nonsense.
The book will make sure you keep a strong hold to it and just leave it aside when you're done. There's romance, drama, a bit of action. It's fun. If you liked The Hollow series you'll like this new Kindred series as well.

Here's the trailer, as usual:


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment