Tuesday 5 June 2012

Amy Plum - Die For Me

Hey!

Right after ending The Temptation I started Die For Me written by Amy Plum.

"When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life - and memories - behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant -  an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray.
Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again."


The summary I had read was not that one, definitely, but I still wanted to read this book for quite some time. Why, you ask. Well, because of the title. I just thought it was dramatic and the storyline I instantly created in my mind seemed pretty great.

Apparently I have a thing for Revenants as you're probably thinking. The HollowThe Temptation and now this. Even though I can't chose my favourite because they are all different but very similar in s weird way, I really liked this book.

I could start by telling what similarities these 3 books have. Like, for example, the main thing, is the Revenants topic, in each book they do different activities to survive.
  • In The Hollow we, readers, see little about those, but they are weird creatures whom don't even habit the planet earth and exist only to help the Shades unit their souls a crossover to the other side. And the main characters can't touch unless on Caspian's death birthday. 
  • In The Temptation readers see in almost first-hand what is a Revenant and if they deserve comeback to the earth dimension when daylight and are told to stay on their death spot and help the ones in need around that area. This time the main characters can touch but not kiss, only if they're kindred.
  • And at last, in Die For Me readers can understand a new meaning to the word Revenants. There they go through a supernatural kind of coma for 3 days a month and live sleepless during the rest of the days. They feel a big heartiness about saving people on the streets to gain some self-satisfaction and when they eventually die during their savings they return to the age they had when they first died. In this version the main characters can touch and more without any limitation.
That's basically it. I don't want to tell everything and then you don't go read any of them.
I don't have any clue about why these subjects make me so intrigued. But they do.

Here's the trailer to make you decide if you read it or not, if you haven't yet.


While I write this I have already read the sequel - Until I Die - but that's for tomorrow's post.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment