Monday 25 June 2012

Catherine Fisher - Incarceron

Heya!

I finished Incarceron written by Catherine Fisher.

"Imagine a living prison so vast that it contains corridors and forests, cities and seas.
Imagine a prisoner with no memory, who is sure he came from Outside, even though the prison has been sealed for centuries and only one man, half real, half legend, had ever escaped.
Imagine a girl in a manor house in a society where time has been forbidden, where everyone is held in a seventeenth century world run by computers, doomed to an arranged marriage that appals her, tangled in an assassination plot she both dreads and desires.
One inside, one outside.
But both imprisoned.
Imagine a war that has hollowed the moon, seven skullrings that contain souls, a flying ship and a wall at the world's end.
Imagine the unimaginable.
Imagine Incarceron."


How does that sound to you?
Promising, right?

I have to confess this remembered me so much of The Maze Runner written by James Dashner. They are both about teenagers who are imprisoned and have to pass severs trials to survive and escape. The main difference I find in Incarceron is all the steampunk notes. Which is why I decided to read this book.
I don't know if I liked it or not. While reading it has some boring parts at the beginning but then at towards the end it gets more exciting. Starting when they begin to escape it's when it gets better.

I'm loving this new wave of book trailers. They're getting greater and greater.


There's a sequel. Sapphique. I'm not sure if I'm going to read it right away because I'm not that anxious but I'm sure I'll read it eventually.

They are making the film adaptation. And rumors say Taylor Lautner is going to be Finn. We'll see.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment