Tuesday 15 November 2011

Kimberly Derting - The Pledge

Hi!

As you know by my always-growing  list on the right side of the blog, on November 15, the new book written by Kimberly Derting - The Pledge - came out.
I expressed many, many times how much I seriously adore the The Body Finder novels. She has a way to write that can easily make you feel like you're there. Inside the book with the characters.
So by that you can imagine how I felt when I discovered she was releasing a new book. Clearly, I did everything I could do read this book as soon as possible.

Yes, less than 24h.


First thing: the cover. Very mysterious, right? I don't know why but I remembered Aeon Flux (Nothing similar but I remembered this) :S
Anyway, I did enjoy it very much! It's super easy to read. I think, though, is super thin, I could read about Charlie and Max way more hours but I think the idea is making a sequel...

I liked from the bottom of my heart that that was nothing supernatural. No vampires. No werewolfs. No wizards. No shape-shifters. I mean, there's some things that don't happen on real life but nothing matching any other book we found in every shelf on the Young-Adult section.

Now, I'm waiting for the sequel. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment