Sunday 21 August 2011

Jay Asher: The Future Of Us

Hello!

I think I wrote here somewhere I read Jay Asher's 13 Reasons Why several months ago and believe me this is one of those books that I, you and anyone that read won't forget. I think in a certain way we can all relate to one of the 13 reasons or (if you didn't) learn the main lesson in the book and that is stuck in my, yours or anyone's head which basically is: every action you make have an impression on everybody around you so be careful because the damage may be catastrophic, like Hannah's in the book.
Well I'm not here to talk about that book but the new Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler's novel - The Future Of Us.


Synopsis: It's 1996 and less than half of all American high school students have ever used the Internet. Facebook will not be invented for several more years. Emma just got a computer and an America Online CD-ROM with 100 free hours. When she and her best friend Josh log on to AOL they discover themselves on Facebook... Fifteen years in the future. Everybody wonders what life has in store for them.
Josh and Emma are about to find out.

I'm going to be totally honest when I heard He was going to release a new novel I became instantly excited because I really enjoyed 13RW but after reading the synopsis... I don't know... I'm not a Facebook fan at all, so I don't think I'm that much excited but I'll probably end up reading it anyway.
If it got you, you may be interested in the release date, right? I tell you, November 11.

Are you going to read it?

xx

3 comments:

  1. cool blog. i will have to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ;) good to know I'm not the only one

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book, because it deals with present and future characters, appeals to readers of all ages, not just teens. This was a very suspenseful and intriguing novel, with a bonus lesson--that our behavior, attitude, actions and even ideas can cause not only ripples but WAVES. On the other hand, obsessing over a perceived future turns out to be a waste of perfectly good present. There are some very cute and romantic (but not cheesy) moments, and the two main characters (written from male and female perspectives every other chapter) are realistic and endearing. A very worthy read.

    ReplyDelete