Friday 24 February 2012

The Name Of The Star - Maureen Johnson

Hey!

Took me hours to complete the first book on the Shades Of London series - The Name Of The Star - written by Maureen Johnson.


I have this book since last November but just read it now. What I've been missing.

I learnt more about Jack The Ripper with this book than with any film I've ever seen. Ok, maybe that's a little exaggerated. But has some details that kept me thinking about how much I knew about this historic event.

This book is eery, scary, captivating and easy to read. I really liked reading it. Even though reading this book made me want to go to a boarding school in London to experience such adventures as Rory, the main character, does. Probably I would not want to be a witness on a crime but the rest I don't think I'd mind.

Book trailer:

As usual, I did a little research and there's going to be a sequel which will have The Madness Underneath as title, unfortunately the release date will be on January 2 2013 is what Wikipedia says. But as we all know Wikipedia is not the most reliable source and after a bit more time spending online I ended on Amazon withe a second release date attached to this sequel - September 27.

On Maureen's website you can read the first 78 pages.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment