Saturday 30 July 2011

Maggie Stiefvater - Shiver

Heya!

I was wanting to read this book for quite sometime.


If I count all the hours I think would be a day I took to read it all but I had to sleep so it wasn't really 24h straight.
I have to say it was very surprising. I new it featured wolfs and I was kind of hesitating because of all the Twilight thing and stuff but nothing compares to that. Nothing.
One thing I really liked was Maggie approaches several sensitive topics with such a subtlety that the reader don't even notice how serious and important it is. Yeah, really liked.
It's easy to read, the vocabulary is simple. The characters are very well described and made me think I could be one of them or know one of them, like be friends or family.
Totally recommended.
If you want more info go here.

Now I'm reading the second - Linger. I'm not gonna tell anything about the storyline but I think so far this is a little more dramatic, I mean... You know what? actually at second thought I think it has the same level of drama, after all I'm in the beginning.

So excited about this series.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment