Friday 17 August 2012

Wendy Heggins - Sweet Evil

Hi!

I have 9 books I've read during these last months that I haven't written about here and have 8 books waiting to be devoured by me.
Today I'm going to write about Sweet Evil by Wndy Heggins.

"Embrace the forbidden.

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of the struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girls, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?"


I read this book last month, around 21st, during my I don't want to call it obsession because it wasn't but every book that caught my eyes was about demons.
And after reading Falling Under and Dreaming Awake I wasn't expecting being surprised by anything that could happen in this.

Well, surprised is not the word. This is way different from Gwen Hayes' books but Kaidan being compelled to have sex with girls to satisfy his need wasn't something that made my interest lessen, as it did to my friend who read the book as well.

I liked the relation between Anna and Kaidan, because we see how it grows on her and it starts with the little things and with both caring about each other until neither handles being just friends but despire their feelings Kaidan pushes Anna away so she can be safe. We all know how this goes, he likes her but by them being together something might happen to her and therefore he breaks every bond in order to protect her, in this case from his father.

Am I the only one who thinks the guy in the cover is pretty good to be Kaidan if they make a film? I'd just mae his hair a little less... I'd mess it up a bit.

I'm not quite sure if this trailer represents Sweet Evil as it is but that's what we got.


Sweet Evil is the first book in the trilogy, its sequel - Sweet Hope - is probably released next year.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment