Tuesday 28 August 2012

Jennifer L. Armentrout - Shadows

Hey!

Even though I'm taking a break from reading I still have 8 books to review or talk about here.
Here's one: Shadows written by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

"The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are... well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can't deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren't a complication she wants, she can't stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she's drawn in.

Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existance... and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can't stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself."


When I saw this book I thought it was the first book and not the 0.5. I read the summary and thought it would be cool to read another book with aliens beside the I Am Number 4 series.
Well, imagine my face when I read the summary for the real book 1 and find a new main character and the story is a year later.

But it's not about that I'll write about, because this post is dedicated to Shadows.
Thus, as I said, this book happens a year before Daemon and Katy. This is about Dawson and Bethany. First of all, I really liked how Jennifer L. Armentrout wrote the first time they see each other being reported by Dawson. For me, it's always funnier to read from the boy point of view but when the book has both: whoo hoo! Jackpot!
I read this book in July around the 15th, so if I'm forgetting something important, I'm sorry but my memory has already been recharged with another books.

Being this the 0.5, explains some important things that will be useful when reading book 1, but is still a perfectly understandable book, as it should be.

If I'm completly honest there's not much to talk about this book because it's a supplement to Obsidian which is the real first book. Obviously there are good scenes to talk about but to me it's confusing to do so without mention Daemon and Katy.

I didn't found a trailer, unfortunatly. But as a compensate good news, this series is supposed to have 5 books and 2 are released this year. One I've already read but the 3rd I will surely devour in December.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment