Wednesday 8 August 2012

Susan Ee - Angelfall

Heya!

If I said a few weeks ago that I had a pretty amount of books to write about, well, now I have even more.

I read Angelfall written by Susan Ee during the first week of July, I think.

"It's been six weeks since of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to ger her back.                                     

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.                              

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark twisted northern California, they hae only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco whre she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again."


This is the first book in the Penryn & The End Of Days series.
And I realized I do, really, like to read about angels. Those seem to be the most frequent type of books that catch my eye...

So, we're in the apocalypse.Chaos everywhere. The criminals have the upperhand and children are taken away by angels who are angry and fighting against the humans and themselves.
Penryn is the main character who is trying to recue her sister that was captured by the bad angels that are attacking the earth. Between the zoo that is the city she helps an angel who is injured and without wings with the idea of discorer any clue about how to saver her sister. Turning out this angels to be arrogant and not much of a help but in the end they save each other from the other angels and all the danger running around nowadays.
That's basically it. She saves him then he saves her and in the end they kind of make a good team together.

This book was such a great surprise for me. I wasn't expecting, at all, to like it so much. It starts in the middle of the chaos so there's no much time and opportunity to be boring and make you to understand the characters like any other book, you figure out the character as the story goes and that is something I really like. Because it makes the book not boring and when you start the book you're already there you just think "oh god, what now?", there's no time for "oh, when is the sister captured?" or something like that, that makes you always feeling anxious about the start of the actual adventure, if I can call it that.

As I said before, I really, really liked it. I can't wait for the sequel. I read somewhere that this is suppose to be a 5 book series, if so, great, I'm here for it.

I couldn't find the trailer, I don't even know it that is one, but I did find a fan-made one.



The person who made this added her dream cast. I agree with Adam Gregory as Raffe. I haven't seen him doing a kind of bad guy, thus it could be interesting to see.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment