Saturday 21 July 2012

Lauren Oliver - Pandemomiun

Hello!

I said I would write a post on this book. Here I am. Last month I read Pandemonium written by Lauren Oliver.

"I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame."


Pandemonium is the sequel to Delirium as you may know.
I had a strange relation towards this book. Love-hate kind of relation.

If you read the first book in this trilogy you know that at the end Lena is free but Alex isn't, so Pandemonium starts there. How she managed to survive without him in the Wilds.
I liked how Lauren Oliver made perfectly clear the differences between the city she was born and the north pole opposite: the so-called Wilds. As you continue your reading you understand that both places have bad things. Neither is dreamlike. That was what I enjoyed while reading.
But what I disliked was Julian. Is just me or his character is just to fill the space of Alex? I comprehend that Lena is lonely but she wasn't sure if Alex was really dead. If she loved him she would make sure. Take that risk just like he did for her at the end of Delirum.
I was so upset when I finished the book... It's so unfair! After everything Alex did not deserve being betrayed by her. Just thinking about it makes my stomach ache.

I didn't find a trailer but in this video the author explains what her ideas were for the second book.


Now I'm waiting for the third and last book in the series - Requiem - which will be released on March 5. I don't know how I will survive until then...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment