Monday 2 July 2012

Anna Banks - Of Poseidon

Heya!

After reading so much about Of Poseidon written by Anna Banks I decided to give it a try.

"Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen - literally, ouch! - both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom..."


This being the first book I've ever read about mermaids, I can say it was pretty interesting.

As I said above, I discovered this book because so many people - on blogs, on goodreads and on Youtube - were saying it was a good choice so I thought to myself why not, you've never read about mermaids or as they call it in the book Syrenas before.

As you understand by the summary, this book is about a male Syrena, Gallen, who is a prince from an "underwater kingdom" and is responsible for study the humans with the objective to protect his kingdom and, despite the fact that he says at the beginning he hates humans, I think he's curious about the humankind.
He founds Emma because she's clumsy and runs into him at the bench, they're both embarrassed and act awkwardly towards each other but both feel the "pull" which is the signal all the rumors and legends say you're supposed to feel when you found the Syrena you're supposed to find an island and mate.
Then they meet at school because he follows her and start to get along and both start to feel comfortable with one another. The majority part of the book is Emma trying to borne a fin but at the end something surprising made me anxious about the sequel.

Here's the book trailer:

I liked this book. It's easy to read, you don't have to think too much to understand everything. I think it's  a great to read at the beach or by the pool.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment