Monday 9 July 2012

Lauren Oliver - Delirium

Hi!
Last week I read Delirium written by Lauren Oliver.

"They didn't understand that once love - the deliria - blooms in your blood, the is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands all citizens receive the cure upon turning 18.
Lena Holoway has always looked forward to th day when she'll be cured.
A life without love is a life without pain: safe, mesured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: she falls in love."

This is the first book in the trilogy and being the beginner I think is a great novel.
Mainly because it gets you caught up it in without you noticing and when you do you're done with the the whole book.

This is about a girl named Lena who falls in love with a boy from the whereabouts outside her city which are forbidden for the citizens to visit. The dilema here is that love is accepted as a illness
 and when a person turns 18 is immediatly pared with another person and is injected with the cure to love.
That's basically it.

If I'm remembering right I read this book in a few hours. As I said above you start reading it and it's not that kind of book that makes you bite your nails until you're bleeding but it gets you glued to it and you can't stop until it's finished.

I won't be too deep into the storyline, but let me just tell you that the end is the worst thing ever. It's so sad!


I've already read Pandemonium which is the second book in the series, thus I'm going to publish a post on that book during the next days.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment