Sunday 29 July 2012

Anne Greenwood Brown - Lies Beneath

Heya!

I'm late on my book reviews. According to my iPad I still have 5 books to write about here but today is Anne Greenwood Brown's Lies Beneath turn.

"Calder White in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of merpeople obsessed with killing Jason Hancock, the man they blame for their mother's death. To lure the aquaphobic Hancock onto the lake, the mermaids charge Calder with the task of seducing the man's daughter, seventeen-year-old Lily Hancock. "Get close to the daughter," they tell him, "and you'll get close to the family. Get close to the family, and you'll get close to the man. Get him in the water. We'll take care of the rest."

But Calder screws everything up by falling in love. Now he's in the unenviable position of trying to love the girl while simultaneously plotting her father's murder. Suffice it to say, his sisters aren't pleased with his effort, and Calder's running out of time (and excuses)."


This is the second book I've read about mermaids.Being the first Of Poseidon written by Anna Banks. Between the two is complicated for me to say which is the best because they're different.

I think I can't even compare one with the other. The main resemblance is the main character is a mermaid boy and both fall for a girl that they weren't suppose to.

I was surprised when Lily discoveres everything and then Calder tries to make everything alright, and succeds in a certain way, she doesn't stay mad at him. I thought that as a first book in the series she would stay angry and disapointed in him for at least until the middle of the second book. But I was wrong. She forgives him pretty quickly. And I think its understandable her reaction.
But even though they are still a couple the book does not end with them cuddle in the ocean as you might think.

Here's the trailer.


The sequel is espected to be released in March. There are a few summaries circuling around online that say the book is about her dad find out about everything and Calder is the one teaching him, therefore passing not so much time with Lily. And when danger arrives no one is alert.
We'll have to wait to see.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment