Sunday 27 May 2012

Lisa McMann - Wake

After two weeks without touching my computer at all, here I am back. I will write a few posts on a roll so if you have the time, stick around ;)

So, I read Wake by Lisa McMann which is the first book on the trilogy.

"For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does - they'd never believed her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.
Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more a than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant..."

I had a problem with this trilogy because I started by the last book, how stupid that may sound I understood enough to not see my mistake at the beginning, thus it will be pretty tough to explain the storyline and comment because my first book was the last and it's confusing.

I'm going to try my best, anyway.
During the first book, you see how Janie's life is and how her "super-power" is not that much of a positive thing and can almost and in an extreme level fatal.

I couldn't stop reading it despite my little accident. If you already read it you know these 3 books are pretty amazing. But if you haven't and are looking for some supernatural.and-romance kind of book I suggest this.

Here's the trailer.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment