Monday 14 May 2012

City Of Lost Souls - Cassandra clare

Hello!

As you can confirm by this post and my willful delay on reading this, I was so, so anxious about City Of Lost Souls written by Cassandra Clare.

"Can the lost be reclaimed? What price is too high to play for love? Who can be trusted when sin and salvation collide? Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series."









When I finished City Of Fallen Angels and during the torturous wait until City Of Lost Souls and anxious as I was, I imagined every kind of storyline for the 5th book. I made many films in my head about what could happen.
Let me just say, neither of them was close to the real one.
Well, that's not true, once I imagined Jace died, so I was pretty close that time... ;)


The book is so good. As I said on one post before, I can't pick my favourite book from the Mortal Instruments. Each is important to the story and have amazing parts. I really like the third - City Of Glass - is probably my most read but now this is just incredibly good.

Jace is just perfect in any way you think about his character and once again Cassandra Clare confirmed this to us.
Towards the end, when Clary is alone with Sebastian I think the author did a great job and succeeded in pass on the image of a strong wacky psycho.

As usual I don't want to say too much, therefore is tough to do this. But I love the book, I think I prefer this one to the previous. If you get a chance buy it and read it, it's so worth it.

In case you haven't watch it, here's the book tailer.


In my opinion this trailer is one of the best.

Now the torture begins again and will only end in September 2013. That's 16 months, I think... 16 months of torture but this time it's different because it's the LAST book on this series. How am I going to survive?!
But if everything goes well, first in August 2013 we'll have the film of City Of Bones. I can't decide if I'm happy or sad about the adaptation to the cinema. I guess, I'll have to see it and then decide.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment