Monday 23 April 2012

It's My Birthday


I turn 18 today.

When I was 12 I thought that turning eighteen was the best that could happen in life. You become legally responsible of yourself and for my twelve-year-old brain that was the coolest thing ever.

But today was anything but cool. I spend the day at home just doing nothing. I skipped school because it's not everyday you turn 18 and my mom told me I kind of deserved it.

In my mind I'm not 18. I'm still 15 or 16. And now during this last minute of the day I'm not happy, excited or anything similar. I feel like I need to battery myself if that makes any sense.

And because it's Monday it's not welcome to plan dinners when the day after you have to wake up early so Friday or Saturday I will celebrate my 18th birthday properly.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment