Sunday 22 April 2012

The Death Cure - James Dashner

After my huge purposeful delay, I finished the final book on the Maze Runner Series - The Death Cure - written by James Dashner.


Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test. What Wicked doesn't know is that  something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says. The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine. Will anyone survive the Death Cure?

After ending the second book and reading this I thought the third was going to be the worst in terms of "frustration".
That didn't happen. 

When I first got the book and saw by the number of pages this was the smallest on the series I told myself I wasn't going to rush this book and I didn't. I stayed at least 2 days without touching it.
Well, to be honest wasn't just because it's small but the storyline wasn't as racking as I thought it would be and thought maybe towards the end something really bad and worst than what I had previously read was going to happen.
Until the middle of the book nothing too bad happens they are in a few bad events but then the thing with Newt makes you think this will be good after all. Although when he dies... that's something I wasn't expecting.

This time I read some comments on Youtube and people were saying they liked Teresa only until that thing she does on the Scorch Trials. Well, I think her intentions were the best because she just wanted Thomas to survive after all. But what she did was cruel and I think if was me I had done the same thing as Thomas and not trust her. Even though what happens to her in the end I think is not fair. I understand that's the way she shows her intentions were good from the beginning but it's unfair. When a good person does her best to save another by going through what se went through I think she did not deserve that end.

The book has some great parts that makes you think about how would you react if was you instead. But I have to say my favourite is The Maze Runner for several reasons. The first book is always special. I think the idea of a maze without ending but your mind can't accept it is amazing in a creepy way. And then because as silly as it sounds, I think I'd love to be a Runner. During the trilogy the Runners make it sound glorious and "cool" so I think it'd be fun to be one.

The third trailer I think is the one who represents better the book.


The author will release on August 14th a prequel to the Maze Runner which the title is The Killer Order. And is passed before the Maze happenings. 
I can't wait to read it.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment