Friday 30 March 2012

Cara Lynn Shultz - Spellcaster

Hello!

Finally a new my-way-book-review. You know I don't say too much, in fact I try to not say anything because I don't like spoilers.
This not-really-a-book-review will feature Spellcaster written by Cara Lynn Shultz.


Findin your eternal soulmate - easy. 
Stopping a true-love-hungry evil - not so much...

After breaking a centuries-old romantic curse, Emma Connor is (almost) glad to get back to normal problems. Although... It's not not easy dealing with jealous cliques and gossip that rule her exclusive Upper East Side prep, even for a sixteen-year-old newbie witch. Having the most-wanted boy in school as her eternal soul mate sure helps ease the pain - especially since wealthy, rocker-hot Breandan Salinger is very good staying irresistibly close...

But something dark and hungry is using Emma and Breandan's deepest fears to reveal damaging secrests and destroy their trust in each other. And Emma's crash course in uber-spells may not be enough to keep them safe... or stop an inhumam force bent on making their unsuspected power its own.


Which is the sequel to Spellbound that I made a post with my kind of review some months ago (clich here if you you'd like to see it). At that post I said I didn't wanted to read an entire second book about Emma and Brendan's break-up, because it did not seem fair after every event at the end of the first book.
Thank God, that didn't happen!
I know the first book is always the "special one" because everything started there, but I think this sequel is so good! It's super funny, dramatic and romantic.
In Spellbound you see just half of how Brendan is every girl's fantasy. I wish I knew someone like him. He's adorable!

I really enjoyed how Cara Lynn Shultz made the story from the first book leak to Spellcaster. I thought it was clever.

I don't know if there's going to be a third but I would love to read again about the sweetest couple ever. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment