Saturday 26 January 2013

Jus Accardo - Touch

Hello!

After nine posts, here I am doing a book review. I missed doing this. Here we go.

During the first week of last August I read Touch by Jus Accardo which is the first book on the Denazen series.

"When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes home.

Except there's something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she'll turn to dust if he touches her. It's not until Dez's father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realizes there's more to this boy - and her father's "law firm" - than she realized.

Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation - an organization devoted to collecting "special" kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons - his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. The two team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they're caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe.

A secret Kale will kill to protect."


I don't know if I still remember everything clearly enough to write a decent post but I'll do my best.

So this starts when Dez meets Kale when he's running from her dad's torture company which for me is great. I don't like those books where is the first half just explaining one character's life and problems and all that. I enjoy so much more when it's in the early beginning when another important character appears.

When I was reading reviews to decide if I should read it or not I found some comments about her recklessness and her attitude towards her father. Some of them were supporting Dez and obviously others weren't. If you ask me, I think he sort of deserves it but all that time before she discovers what her father does it's a little too much because she doesn't know. What I mean is when she thinks her dad has a normal job and life she comports herself a little too strong but all along he deserves it. What he's doing to all those Sixes is not fair obviously.

I think Kale is pretty cool because he's a rough diamond so all those emotions and feelings he shows you know for sure are true and real which usually things are a little different so that's fresh. And yes, he's hot. Yeah.

I didn't found any trailer for this first book on the series but the sequel - Toxic - is already available to purchase and devour. I haven't had the time to do so but I think I'll soon.

To sum everything up, the storyline is so captivating and even though there are the first steps of a love triangle (which is the main reason I haven't read the second book yet) it's fun and easy to read.

If you have already read it, did you enjoy it?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment