Tuesday 11 December 2012

Jennifer L. Armentrout - Opal

Heya!

Even though I usually write 8 posts between book-reviews this time I decided to break that rule, because the third book on the Luxen series - Opal - written by Jennifer L. Armentrout is so, so painful to think about that I honestly don't know how I'm going to survive until July.

"No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn't fooling around. Doubting him isn't something I'll do again, and now that we've made it through the rough patches, well... There's a lof of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can't protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I'm no longer the same Katy. I'm different... And I'm not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I'm capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won't turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever."


As you can still see by my list on the right this book was supposed to be released today but I don't know why it was just available soon and I'm not complaining at all.

In case you're curious, I already wrote about all the previous books on the Luxen series: Shadows, Obsidian and Onyx.

Being this the third book, we know so much stuff about these aliens that we become almost like one of the group which is cool but as Jennifer starts adding new info and everything goes into place and we understand how severe and ugly the DOD really is and begin to imagine what Dawson went through during the year he was "dead".
Now I'm glad that I made that mistake and read Shadows because I understand how Dawson is different. He's not so kind and talkative around school. For example, when Katy's friends talk about him and say he's different I have a before-being-captured Dawson to compare.

So, in this book Daemon and Katy are together and are helping Dawson saving Bethany. And doing that is not nearly as simple as they thought because they "succeed" by the second try. I don't want to say too much but even the second round isn't all roses which is at the very end of the book. And by the way it's the worst part off all the Luxen books. In 4 books this scene is the SADDEST! It's sad and revolting. It was kind of obvious that what happens would happen to either Katy or Daemon but it's still... I'm speechless. I want to read Origin. NOW! I'm probably going to die waiting.

Just like Onyx, Opal has a cute trailer:



As I said, the fourth book is called Origin and is released in July. Which is next year.
Next.
Year.
Why?!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment