Tuesday 5 March 2013

Shea Berkley - The Marked Son

Heya!

I want to be a better blogger and write more frequently just like I used to. I really do, so let's just hope I have enough subjects to publish about.
I'm starting with a new book-post. This time is The Marked Son written by Shea Berkley.

"Seventeen-year-old Dylan Kennedy always knew something was different about him, but until his mother abandoned him in the middle of Oregon with grandparents he's never met, he had no idea what. When Dylan sees a girl in white in the woods behind his grandparents' farm, he knows he's seen her before...in his dreams. He's felt her fear. Heard her insistence that only he can saver her world from an evil lord who uses magic and fear to feed his greed for power. Unable he's completely insane or he's about to have the adventure of his life, because where they're going is full of creatures he's only read about in horror stories. Worse, the human blood in his veins has Dylan marked for death..."


I read this last Summer, in August. So if I'm missing something important know that I'm sorry.

When I read that little summary I thought this was going to be full of mystery and strange lands with odd creatures, well when Dylan goes to "the other world" at least. But I was wrong and this time wasn't a good thing like usual. Because even though the book kept me reading enthusiastically until the end it was lacking the supernatural part I was waiting. From what I remember the highlight is when he finally talks to the girl he's been dreaming for years and both go catch some weird "poisonous-flying-bugs/fairies" and she tells him about the other world where he belongs. After that there's not much action until the very end when he goes to her world and she hides him and leaves and the book ends.
And that's it. Ok, maybe I am exaggerating because I read the whole thing and believe me I cut the strings immediately when I'm not enjoying a book.

Sorry if that was somehow "spoilery", but I didn't find any other way to explain without giving some information.

I didn't find a trailer but the second book in the Keepers Of Life is already out and it's called The Fallen Prince. I haven't read it yet but I'm sure that I will as soon as I can get it.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment